The Yoga Sūtras of Patañjali are a collection of 196 Indian sutras (aphorisms) on the theory and practice of yoga. In Sutra 1.14 the practitioner is invited to practice regularly, earnestly and consistently. With attending to the practice this way, it becomes firmly grounded.
Whether you are a seasoned practitioner or this is your first time on a yoga mat, this workshop series is for you. To practice with curiosity and playfulness, and with a beginner’s mind is key on the yogic and meditative path. We will creatively play with and break down the essentials of the most common yoga postures including seated & standing poses, backbends and inversions. Each session could be accessed as an individual class, or you could join the full journey with all three sessions.
Session I: Firmly Grounded
- Essentials of Standing Poses
- Big Focus on the Feet and Pelvis
- Prana (life force) and how to access upward moving energy
- How to live in this world from a place of groundedness
Session II: Heart and Belly
- Essentials of twists, backbends, core and seated postures
- Accessing joy by having a healthier relationship with desire.
- Practicing working with stronger values and an ethical compass you are proud of.
Session III: Action with Integrity
- Essentials of a wise heart and mind practice. Focus on backbends and inversions.
- Wiser actions guided by moving from a place of courage, vulnerability and love.
- Introduction to a seated mindfulness meditation practice.
- Tapping into the subtle body
Each week the practice will be grounded in a sutra or a story from the Bhagavad Gita.
All Levels Welcome.
You may book and make your investment by calling 323.989.DOWN or visiting https://onedowndog.com/workshops/